1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The APSP G7 was specifically designed for VW Golf 7(*) and comprises:
1. An AP8.9 bit G7 amplifier equipped with bit Drive technology, featuring 7 integrated presets dedicated to the VW Golf 7(*) designed by the Audison R&D team for “Plug&Sound” performance. The 7 DSP “Drive presets” preloaded in the AP8.9 bit G7 memory enable the use of the product without PC connection.
The user can select the preset according to his preferences. The AP8.9 bit G7 is equipped with DCC - Direct Cockpit Current technology and is powered directly by the OEM
source rear connector.
2. A passive reflex sub-box (optional) APBX G7 including the compact speaker APS 250. The box is specifically designed to be placed in the spare wheel compartment, taking up very limited space and is fixed to the car without drilling the chassis. The mounting kit and installation manual are included in the packaging.
3. A pair of AP 6.5 Ω2 SP woofers for the front section, adaptors for the speakers OEM set up, connectors and gaskets for perfect integration.
4. A complete set of specific cables for the car and the kit, designed according to the Plug&Sound philosophy to be connected to the original connectors supplied with the car, without needing to change the original wiring.
5. A specific APSP G7 Harness drawing power for the AP8.9 bit G7 directly from the OEM source rear connector. The kit is designed to be installed on a VW Golf 7(*) in less than 2 hours; this time can vary according to the conditions and equipment of the vehicle.
The kit is designed to be installed on a VW Golf 7(*) in less than 2 hours; this time can vary according to the conditions and equipment of the vehicle.
2. PACKAGING CONTENTS
3. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
4. CONNECTIONS LAYOUT FOR LEFT-HAND DRIVE VEHICLES
5. CONNECTIONS LAYOUT FOR RIGHT-HAND DRIVE VEHICLES
6. REMOVAL OF OEM HEAD UNIT FROM THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT
WARNING: the information below refers to the left-hand drive 5-door version. Remove the key from the car’s ignition and pull the lever to release the bonnet. Close the doors and wait for 5 minutes, then open the bonnet and disconnect the negative pole from the vehicle’s battery.
7. DISASSEMBLY OF THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT
8. REMOVAL OF DOOR SILL AND REAR SEATS
9. DISASSEMBLY OF FRONT A-PILLARS
10. DISASSEMBLY OF FRONT DOOR TRIM PANEL
WARNING: the procedure below is valid for the right side of the vehicle. For the left side proceed likewise.
11. APSP G7 HARNESS CABLES ROUTING
12. CABLES ROUTING FOR OEM TWEETERS
13. INSTALLATION OF THE APBX G7 SUBWOOFER
14. INSTALLATION OF THE AP 6.5 Ω2 SP WOOFERS
15. INSTALLATION OF THE AP 8.9 BIT G7 AMPLIFIER
16. CONNECTION OF OEM TWEETERS
17. CONNECTION OF THE APSP G7 HARNESS WIRING TO THE OEM HEAD UNIT
18. CONNECTION OF THE APBX G7
19. RE-ASSEMBLY OF UNINSTALLED COMPONENTS
Re-assembly of the vehicle’s components performing inverse operations compared to the ones
described in the disassembly sections.