The DRC AC is the remote controller compatible only with the Audison line of AF bit amplifiers with integrated Dsp. It can be connected to the DRCC port of an AF bit device by using the cable included in the box.
It can be mounted in two ways: top mount kit or recessed mount kit.
WARNING: for both mounting cases please run the DRC AC cable through the hole as per picture above, in order to ensure a proper LED alignment during the use of the controller.
The DRC AC can be used to turn on/off the amplifier and to perform a set of functions programmable on the bit Drive software.
1. HOW TO USE IT
Use the DRC AC as follows:
◼︎Press the central part of the knob to move to the following function (among those that were enabled);
◼︎Rotate the knob to change volumes;
◼︎Press quickly two times the central part of the knob to change source, change memory and enable/disable the Final Tuning.
2. TURN ON/OFF THE AMPLIFIER
Press once the knob to turn on the amplifier.
For the amplifier turn on by DRC AC it is important to verify that:
1. the amplifier supply is connected and active;
2. the PC Power On function is not active.
Long press the central part of the DRC AC to turn off the amplifier. Please, note that this can be done only if the amplifier has been previously turned on by DRC AC itself.
To turn off the amplifier by DRC AC it is important to verify that:
1. the amplifier was not turned on by REM IN signal or by ART function;
2. there is no Remote IN signal active on the CTRL port;
3. there is no active source connected to the SPK IN inputs and the ART switch in ON position at the same time; otherwise the turn off by DRC AC will not be possible.
3. PROGRAMMABLE FUNCTIONS ON BIT DRIVE
When the product comes out of the box, it is ready to be used with the following default setting:
Function 1) Master volume -> LED blue
Function 2) Source change volume -> LED yellow
Function 3) Memory change -> LED green
Function 4) Sub group volume -> LED red
Function 5) Enable/Disable Final Tuning -> LED purple
If the DRC AC is connected to the AF bit, the bit Drive software detects its presence and makes available the panel to configure its functions. In the Features window (see sect. 4.17) there will be a third option to set the DRC AC as per picture below.
Click on that option to open the DRC AC settings panel:
◼︎Sleep mode: after 5 seconds without using the controller, all LEDs turn off except for one. The sleep mode is disabled as soon as the user comes back using the controller.
◼︎Set LED brightness.
◼︎Programmable functions: the user can set up to 5 functions among
⁃ Master Volume
⁃ Source change
⁃ Memory change
⁃ Volume ZONE 1
⁃ Volume ZONE 2
⁃ Enable/Disable Final Tuning
⁃ Sub group Volume
The user can assign a LED color to each of these functions.
WARNING: at every change of the programmable functions, press the Finalize button to save the new settings into the DRC AC.
4. DRC AC FIRMWARE UPDATE
The download of the latest firmware release is always available in the DRC AC product webpage and in the Support page of the Audison website.
In order to update the DRC AC firmware the user must do the following steps:
1. Close the bit Drive software
2. Connect the AF bit to the PC with USB
3. Connect the DRC AC to the AF bit
4. open the folder DRCCUpdate (vx.x.x.x), right-click on the file exe and select “Run as administrator”. The following window will appear.
5. If the device is not detected, try to click on Refresh.
6. Click on Update and wait until the process is completed.
IMPORTANT: pay attention to non disconnect the DRC AC from the amplifier and to not disconnect the amplifier from the PC during the upgrade. This could lead to malfunctionings or a break.
7. at the end of the upgrade the following message will show up.
The DRC AC will have all the LEDs active and green.
8. Press for 2 seconds the DRC AC to turn it off (in this case the amplifier will stay on)
9. Press the DRC AC to turn it back on. The device is now ready and updated.
IMPORTANT: the firmware update erases all previous settings of the device and restores it back to the factory settings. To program again the DRC AC, run the bit Drive software and follows the steps shown at point 3. PROGRAMMABLE FUNCTIONS ON BIT DRIVE.