If there are product UPGRADES available online, proceed as follows:
- save the previous setup (if you wish to consult it in OFFLINE mode);
- disconnect the bit One HD Virtuoso”Pre Out”.
- disconnect the bit One HD Virtuoso terminal block.
- place the Upgrade Mode switch to “ON” position.
- connect the bit One HD Virtuoso terminal block.
The logo on the product starts flashing.
Remark: this update mode is automatically requested by the PC Software, for important Firmware Upgrades, or if the PC has previously crashed during the Firmware update.
Start the bit One HD Virtuoso PC software and select “RESCUE MODE”.
1. Access the "File" menu in the PC management software and choose "Check for Updates".
2. When you select "Check for Updates", the internet browser in the PC will open up and will automatically the search for the new update.
Once the related page is open, click on the LINK for the product.
3. Identify the newest file whose name includes the word Firmware followed by four numbers and click on the specific symbol to start the download.
When requested, save the file to the PC.
4. Select "Update Firmware". The program will ask you to select the file that was just saved from the Download Area or that was previously saved in the PC.
WARNING: the bit One HD Virtuoso Firmware update procedure may be delicate. It is extremely important that it is performed under the best possible conditions.
If the operation is started and prematurely interrupted (e.g.: PC locked up, loss of power to the bit One HD Virtuoso, accidental disconnection of the USB cable during update), our After Sales Service might need to be contacted to reprogram the bit One HD Virtuoso.
5. Before starting the bit One HD Virtuoso update, the program warns you to:
- not disconnect the bit One HD Virtuoso from the PC;
- not disconnect the bit One HD Virtuoso from power;
- temporarily disable the PC automatic stand-by processes;
- temporarily disable the screen saver on the PC;
- close all running applications;
- temporarily disable the anti-virus and anti-spyware systems
6. Once you have clicked on OK, the Firmware update procedure starts. This process will last between 30 seconds and 1 minute; the progress bar and the flashing logo on the bit One HD Virtuoso will show the updating process status.
7. Place the “UPGRADE” switch to OFF position.
8. Disconnect and the connect again the bit One HD Virtuoso terminal block.
9. Turn bit One HD Virtuoso back on and restart the PC software. If bit One HD Virtuoso firmware update has been completed correctly, the dialog window will display the following:
- new bit One HD Virtuoso Firmware version.
10. Repeat the product calibration operations (see sec. 7.2).